05 Camry Pulls left - Alignment is fine

sasnakran

I have a 2005 Camry LE, and have been dealing with a terrible left pull issue fo rthe past few months. First, took it to my normal maintenance shop, and they had said the alignment was bad off, so they fixed it. Car still pulled to the left. Got new tires, still pulled left. Took it back, and they adjusted the "camber" (??) rod, but still pulled left. Tok it back again, and the alignment was off AGAIN, so they fixed ... guess what? Still pulls left. I have had the tires rotated, still pulls left .... anyone else have this issue, and get it solved? I see a TSB ST002R-04, but can't get to the detilas without paying a fee. Please help, as I am tired of dealing with this, and my wife is tired of fighting the steering all the time. Not to mention this surely affects MPG and SAFETY!

Thanks for any help!

I have a 2005 Camry LE, and have been dealing with a terrible left pull issue fo rthe past few months. First, took it to my normal maintenance shop, and they had said the alignment was bad off, so they fixed it. Car still pulled to the left. Got new tires, still pulled left. Took it back, and they adjusted the "camber" (??) rod, but still pulled left. Tok it back again, and the alignment was off AGAIN, so they fixed ... guess what? Still pulls left. I have had the tires rotated, still pulls left .... anyone else have this issue, and get it solved? I see a TSB ST002R-04, but can't get to the detilas without paying a fee. Please help, as I am tired of dealing with this, and my wife is tired of fighting the steering all the time. Not to mention this surely affects MPG and SAFETY!

Thanks for any help!

Try other repair shop. Appearently those guys don't know what they are doing. After they are done with alingment they should give you a sheet with Before-After data.

Ranges for Camry '05 front wheels shoud be:

Toe-in: from 0,12deg Negative to 0,12deg Positive

Camber: from 1,25deg Negative to 0,5deg Positive

Castor: from 1,47deg Negative to 3,17deg Positive

Front castor, and rear camber are not adjustable.

I have an '05 Solara. In researching some other problems I had I came across some TSBs from Toyota concerning cars pulling left. Although I didn't have that problem, I read the TSBs. If I remember correctly, the repair had something to do with resettting the front springs within the the strut brackets and then doing a realignment. I think that in some cases the front springs and/or their supports had to be changed. If you research the TSBs I think you'll find the information. Your local library probably has access to "Mitchell-on-Demand" to get the info. Or, you call check with your local Toyota dealer. The car may still be under warrentee. Good luck. Hy.

Thanks for any help!