im new hi

framos88

HI i just got my first car a Toyota Corolla 04 LE and i love. what are some things i should do i want advice for every thing from up keep to tuning and all that good stuff. i have power windows and doors. i dont have a alarm that is the first thing on my list to get and than a stereo system and suggestions. thank you

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter owns an 04 Corolla S. One thing to be careful of is the center console door that opens down. The plastic pins that act as the pivot when the doors opens are very easily broken. Be very careful not to break these hinge points.

Also if you have a moon roof. Be careful to watch for cracks forming in the band that goes around the glass roof. If cracks occur they will cause leaks during rainy weather. A little epoxy will fill in the crack and seal it from leaking. I do not yet know how much a complete replacement of the edging would cost. But it seems like the edging ages too quickly in my opinion.

Also make sure you clean the cabin air filter, which is located behind the glove compartment. Probably at least once per year, maybe more, you should remove it and remove the debris. Probably should replce it after a few years. Leaves and other particulates get in there and it should be kept clean. Fortunately Toyota started putting these filters in the cars, because in prior years the AC would get smelling musty after junk got in there with no way to clean it out.

Just some experiences for you to watch out for.

• 1 month later...