Virbration when Idel

Paula

My 1995 Toyota Camry LE starting vibrating when idel at the right light. I noticed that the steering wheel would vibrate when stopped at a light, but if I put it in neutral it would stop. So I mentioned this to my mechanic and he felt it was the motor mounts. I had a bad oil leak last year (2009) and he feels that the oil leak and the mileage (166,000) I have, it's probably the motor mounts. Keep in mind these were the original motor mounts. Well any way he does one motor mount at a time and since the first one he did I told him the car is in worst shape than what I brought it in. So he finishes the rest of the motor mounts using an off market parts (not toyota) and now I spent $450 dollars and still have a virbration. My mechanic told me he doesn't know what else to do and of course he's blaming it on my mileage and wear on the engine.

I took my car to another mechanic and he reposited the dog bone mount which quite it down a little but, but I'm where I started before and then some.

Can any one make some suggestion for me. Does it really pay to have Toyota parts put on. Other off the market parts worked on my car before. I'm not a happy camper! I love my car!

• 6 months later...

I think your problem could be a low idle speed. Normal idle speed should be around 650-700 RPM. There are aftermarket spare parts that are manufactured with OEM specifications. These are as good as OEM parts.