2022 Venza - Break In Period oil change at 1000 miles

apino

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota is set to perform break in maintenance on my 2022 @ 7,500 miles per their recommendation. However if you really wanted to do the oil change at 1,000 miles might not be a bad idea. Being a DIY guy, I like doing that anytime I have to crack into a crank case. 

The only reason I can think not to perform the maintenance early is if the manufacturer is using a special break in fluid. 

My two cents, I'll definitely defer to more intelligent minds 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2024 Venza and I too had the oil serviced at 1700mi.  Precautionary at best but a good mindset for me.  Although I had taken to the dealer for the oil change and rotation was not happy with the oil burning off smell inside the cabin.  I don't know why there was residual oil spilled on the, probably exhaust pipe, but it was definitely on something hot.  The smell lasted for three days.  during the 3 days I only traveled short trips but any smell at all should nor have been observed as far as i'm concerned