former 4runner Limited 2008 owner...

Classicrock68

Hello 4runner members and hope this finds everyone doing well. I wished I had found this site years ago. I am reaching out to share my story & connect, so thank you.

I bought my 2008 Limited White V6 4runner the end of 2007, think it was November from James Toyota in Flemington, NJ. I had test driven many SUV's prior to make sure I knew

what would work best, stand the test of time & overall what suited me best, I believe I knew in my heart it was going to be a Toyota, despite my brother who worked for GM 

encouraged me to test drive some GM SUV's, and I did, but just wasn't feeling it, nothing was good fit. I am still to date the only family member who never benefited from the GM 

discount, LOL... stuck to my gut. It's hard to put into words the joy and feeling of knowing I made the right decision when I took home the 4runner, the smile on my face ear to ear. 

The journey I had with my 4runner, the trips, the good times, the sad times, the many times I moved between NJ & PA, helping friends move, wondering would it fit? and no matter

what making it happen... my friend Anthony, a master mechanic who did maintenance, repairs... when I learned with my friend Frank how to change calipers.. what a bitch that was, but we did it.... always keeping it detailed, waxed.. and finally last summer before the accident I had the rims resurfaced...  this vehicle never once looked 14 years old... 

Sadly, this past August 25th, while driving down Pine St in Rittenhouse here in Philly, making my way for much needed away time down the shore, was so happy to be NJ shore bound..

I was broadsided..  it felt like a bomb went off... the impact pushed the 4runner to pivot into the staircase of a corner building at the light, fortunately no one was walking in that area..

all 4 of my airbags deployed and seatbelt saved me from going thru the windshield...  the cyclist behind me had enough time to stop so not to be crushed between the other vehicle

and mine... the person who hit me was ok too... I am thankful, other than cuts and bruises I was OK...   it is with a very heavy heart that bc of the impact and damage underneath

my insurance company declared the vehicle totaled.. to look at it didn't appear too bad... however internally it was. I can't even begin to find the words to describe how hard this has been for me.. I miss my 4runner SO DAMN MUCH, don't get me wrong am thankful to be alive and well...  to date I have not gotten another vehicle and will only do so when the time is right...  

I would greatly appreciate feedback on the newer model 4runner's when the body changed, not sure the year...I have seen them and they are quite different, more box like.. 

how do they perform? I am not sure I will look for a used 4runner or not... 

Would love to hear feedback....  

Thank you 🙂

Maria

the 4runner & me.JPG