2004 Sienna

markgeo

Hello All,

My Father-in-Law is 80 years old and has a problem. His camera stopped working in the van. His reverse lights do come on but the camera doesn't. He does not have the warranty to cover the repair because the dealership where he got the van sold him a warranty that did not cover the park assist option. Is there somewhere in this or other forums that I can obtain a DIY of how to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks you for all responses.

Mark

It's a van with Navigation with the factory installed camera in the tailgate, right?

Yes it is. To my knowledge, everything is original. I don't think he even got any kind of upgrade on the NAV system either.

Any chance it's still under factory warranty? It's a 2004, so the warranty should expire sometime in the 2007 model year.

What does it do when he shifts into reverse? Does anything come up on the screen at all?

Any chance it's still under factory warranty? It's a 2004, so the warranty should expire sometime in the 2007 model year.

What does it do when he shifts into reverse? Does anything come up on the screen at all?

He has already checked with Toyota and they said it expired. When he puts it in reverse the NAV screen goes black. Actually not black, it almost looks like it is pointing to insid ethe frame or something. Then when he puts it back into drive, the NAV comes on.

Did you look at the little camera on the back to see if it has damage?

The camera seems fine form the outside. To look inside I need some kind of documentation to see how to make sure it is connected.

Try this: http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=15388

There's a link about halfway down the page to download a wiring diagram. You have to be signed in to do it, but it only takes a minute to set up an account.

That was a great link, thank you. Do you know of another link that has directions or DIY's on how to get to the camera? Do I have to remove the whole inside of door? The wiring diagrams are great because you can trace the path I just need to take apart pieces of vehicle to do it.