2021 Avalon xle

Johnnygo312

My 2021 Toyota Avalon only took 11.4 gallons of gas when I had 13 miles to empty. The book says it’s a 14.5 gallon tank. I took it to the dealer and they said the extra space was for the fuel pump and air in the Avalon series. I’ve had Corollas and Camrys  all my life and never put 11.4 gallons in any of those cars when empty. Can any one confirm the amount of gas they put into their 2021 Avalon xle when empty as this is my first one and maybe the dealer was telling the truth but not really buying it. Thanks

Edited by Johnnygo312

15 hours ago, Johnnygo312 said:

My 2021 Toyota Avalon only took 11.4 gallons of gas when I had 13 miles to empty. The book says it’s a 14.5 gallon tank. I took it to the dealer and they said the extra space was for the fuel pump and air in the Avalon series. I’ve had Corollas and Camrys  all my life and never put 11.4 gallons in any of those cars when empty. Can any one confirm the amount of gas they put into their 2021 Avalon xle when empty as this is my first one and maybe the dealer was telling the truth but not really buying it. Thanks

Lol. Nice ride I got the camry se awd. You have dirt issues from the door handles and gas tank. It runs down the car in a streak. I wash it regularly. It scary that the new camry has the potential to be a rust bucket in the future

• 4 weeks later...