Charging the Torque Battery on my 2003 Prius

bruceberquist

I am new to this forum. I am also a new owner of a new to me 2003 Prius 4 door sedan. 

I am sure to have some questions that I would like to share as I restore this pretty little hybrid, that actually is in pretty good shape for it's age.

I am curious... Is there a way to charge the Torque Battery with out running the engine?

A secondary question is... Is there a way that I could adapt this car to being a "Plug in" Hybrid, so that the battery is fully charged when I start my days?

Bruce Berquist

• 1 year later...

I have a 2002 Prius. Are you talking about the conventional battery? If so, I have used a charger that plugs into the wall. Lately, the battery has been draining down so that I have to jump it or charge it. The dealer service representative says I need to drive longer distances at faster speeds to keep it charged up. I have done that and still have to jump it.

I will be taking my car to the dealer next week for them to find out what is draining the battery down or if I need a new alternator.