Switching Horns

TooLate

Would like to improve the sound of the horns on my 2000 Sienna by using a set of Camry horns like my 2003. Toy parts guy says probably won't work. May have diff. connectors. HUH??

Haven't looked...will do that tomorrow. But, what would need to happen to make it work. Just prefer "HORNs" over "Beeeeeep".

Thx.

You know, the closest vehicle in the Toyota line-up to your Sienna is actually the Lexus RX350...they're really, really close. You could try that one, assuming the sound is acceptable for you.

Thanks Leighcm... Today was the first opportunity I've had to get the cars side by side and do a little under the hood exploration. I disconnected the horn "socket" from each vehicle (Camry and Sienna). They appear to be identical right down to the wire and fitting color. Don't know what pix the Toy. Parts person was looking at, but his statement that the wiring coupling being different appears to be totally bogus.

Thanks for your help...If there's a hidden trick in there somewhere, it's good to know the similarities with the RX350.

:)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Let us know what you find out.

Hey:

Haven't been able to check this out yet but it's still in the plans. Appreciate the help. Just noted the PM problem workaround on the board.

Will advise when this project works its way to the top of the list again.

Thx

TL

why dont you wired it yourself? instead getting the right connector. there are only 2 wires

Did you do this project or do the 08 horns sound differently? I know there are a ton of improvements in your model over mine.

Sorry for the slow response...been a little layed up. Thanks, sounds like it's worth a try.

TL

• 2 weeks later...
Did you do this project or do the 08 horns sound differently? I know there are a ton of improvements in your model over mine.

Sorry for the slow response...been a little layed up. Thanks, sounds like it's worth a try.

TL

I just recently changed out the horns on my '08 RAV4. It came from the factory with pathetic road-runner beep-beep horns. A lot of RAV owners were replacing them with the Camry horns which cost around $40 each. You need 2, a high note and low note. I went to Advance Auto Parts and got a matched pair of "El Grande" horns made by FIAMM for around $20. They are well made (in the USA!) and mounted easily. The connectors from the original horns plug right into these, although they don't lock in place like the originals, but they aren't going anywhere. The difference in sound is amazing! It sounds like a big truck now.