Goodyear TIres on Highlander

TL Baines

Just purchased my first Toyota, 2021 Highlander Premier, which came with Goodyear Eagle tires as original equipment. As a former Goodyear employee I was glad to finally see Goodyear on a new vehicle, my last three had Michelin, Continental and Pirelli in that order. After working for 25 years at Goodyear, mostly in sales, I am very familiar with the Eagle tire line which is known for great handling but not so much for tread life. What concern's me are the reviews I have read which gave low marks for handling as well as tread life. Just curious if any other Highlander owners that have Goodyear tires have any comments about the tires on their vehicle.

This is what I am hearing. Guess when it comes time to replace tires I'll have to look at my options. Now that Goodyear owns Cooper Tire I can consider them and still use my employee discounts.

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2021 at 3:45 AM, TL Baines said:

Just purchased my first Toyota, 2021 Highlander Premier, which came with Goodyear Eagle tires as original equipment. As a former Goodyear employee I was glad to finally see Goodyear on a new vehicle, my last three had Michelin, Continental and Pirelli in that order. After working for 25 years at Goodyear, mostly in sales, I am very familiar with the Eagle tire line which is known for great handling but not so much for tread life. What concern's me are the reviews I have read which gave low marks for handling as well as tread life. Just curious if any other Highlander owners that have Goodyear tires have any comments about the tires on their vehicle.

Our Toyota Sienna had Goodyear guarantee all-season tyres, which were replaced under warranty after only 22k miles. When they were brand-new, they were fantastic, but they wore down rapidly and wet traction became a problem as time went on.

staying with Michelens moving forward.

• Like 1