Hi folks, 2006 Highlander hybrid owner, 1963 Dodge Dart, 1989 Volvo 245, VW GTI

Hello all, thanks for letting me join in, Ive go 170km on my Highlander and its been mostly a great car. Going over snowy, icy mountain passes here in Washington state was a breeze but we found out the hard way that mice love the car. Only a couple of years old mice got into the engine wiring an hoses to the tune of $8k. They also found their was into the fresh air system through the fresh air vent under the hood and into the cabin filter where the ate the filer and had a rat-fest party there, poop and nest and all. I crafted a piece of 1/4" machine wire screen and put it into the fresh air entry and that took care of that. Hoping the next purchase has a pre-installed screen!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...welcome to the Club

That's bad news about the mice invasion and it seems to affect many makes and models of vehicle>
Not sure any manufacturers have ever addressed the issue of rat/mice infestation and the resulting damage caused by them nesting.
Have you considered buying a cat? 🙂

Good to have you onboard!