95 octane fits??

chammi@xA

I would not use 95 octane unless the owner's manual specifically states that you must use it. There are no benefits in using higher octane unless your engine is pinging or knocking. Higher octane is beneficial if you are turbocharged or supercharged. Why waste money on higher octane if you don't need it especially when gas prices are so high?

Where did you even find 95 octane? The highest I've seen in Las Vegas is 91 octane, and the highest I've ever seen was 94 octane at one gas station in Michigan.

95 octane won't make much difference for your car...just stick with the recommended octane for your vehicle. That's what Toyota has determined will produce optimum gas mileage, performance, etc., and any upgrade (like to 95 octane) will pretty much be a waste of money.

What's the normal fuel line-up at a gas station there? Here in Las Vegas, we usually have 87, 89, and 91, plus diesel.

Oops! I'm from Sri Lanka (Far away from USA ;) ). We have them in several stations here. 95 octane will cost about 110 rupees (LKR) (nearly $ 1) per liter.

That seems pricey...am I doing my math right with that working out to about $4 USD/gallon? Over here, it's mostly under $3 per gallon. I thought fuel was supposed to be signifcantly less expensive in south Asia? Guess I was wrong. Is there a good market for smaller cars and/or hybrid cars in Sri Lanka?

That seems pricey...am I doing my math right with that working out to about $4 USD/gallon? Over here, it's mostly under $3 per gallon. I thought fuel was supposed to be signifcantly less expensive in south Asia? Guess I was wrong. Is there a good market for smaller cars and/or hybrid cars in Sri Lanka?

Well yeah fuel is very expensive even here... nearly $4 USD/gallon.. Those days (about 8 months back) it was about $2/gallon but now it's that... I think that's why smaller cars r getting popular here now... for better fuel economy... but even now hybrid cars has a good market here. But I hope smaller ones will earn a higher market in future since some smaller cars imported from india like "Maruti Suzuki" are much cheeper and better in fuel economy factor than the hybrids since they have smaller engines. Both smaller and hybrid cars has a good market here.