What is best for VVTi??

chammi@xA

Hi All,

My Toyota ist 1.3 (Japanese ver.) (Sicon xA) has a VVTi engine. having problems with changing the engine oil. Some r telling Fully-synthetic is the best and some say "No" since it's not a racing version and Semi-synthetic is the best. what is the best solution?? Is there any other oil to consider???

:rolleyes:

I would personally go synthetic and you can go longer with your change intervals too. I'm not sure where you live, but I would suggest getting Mobile 1 or the Castrol synthetic made in Germany. I believe the ones that are made in Germany are 0w-30.

This isn't an official opinion...but I seem to remember having a conversation with a tech about the benefits of synthetic vs. conventional oil for VVTi vehicles. He told me that some VVTi cars can have engine vibration problems with synthetic oil. Not sure what the rational was, but that's what he said.

This isn't an official opinion...but I seem to remember having a conversation with a tech about the benefits of synthetic vs. conventional oil for VVTi vehicles. He told me that some VVTi cars can have engine vibration problems with synthetic oil. Not sure what the rational was, but that's what he said.

Even I heard that VVTis are oil burners. Does anyone know the actual facts about it?? Is it the same for my model?? It’s 2NZ-FE VVTi.