79, 80, 81 Toyota sunchaser Targa for sale

67 grand sport 400

Hello, I found a targa for my car but had to purchase the other targa the guy had. I couldnt believe that I found one, let alone two in my back yard. I know what I paid for them but I dont know what they are worth. He gave me the Griffith inerior panels along with the convertable folding top and what looks like most of the parts for a complete targa. He didnt have the removable hard top or the Sunchaser emblems for the second targa. If he finds them I can have them. The fold down convertable top is broken where the fiberglass part that bolts to the targa. All of the broken parts are there and would be easy to fiberglass back together after the vinyl has been removed from the mechanism. The targa itself is undamaged. I am offering it here before I send it off to ebay. I cant post pictures of it on this site, but if you email me I can send you pictures. Make me a good offer and it wont make it to ebay. My email address is dscheffen@aol.com

Thanks, Scott

I am going to wait untill Thursday and if nobody want to make an offer here it is going on ebay. If it doesnt meet my reserve, I will have to keep it as a spare for my car. The only reason that I would like to get rid of it is because it is so large and I would like to have the room for other parts.

Thanks, Scott

• 6 years later...

i DON'T HAVE ANY ANSWERS JUST MOR QUESTIONS LIKE YOURS-PLEASE HELP THIS GUY OUT.

OK, I've had this car maybe about 8 years. i lost the paperwork and it is not resistered. i has a few problems but basicly it has everything it needs to be a really good car.

some are telling me it is a mkIII others are telling me it is a mkIV.

some are saying it is a 1986.5 model year.

I really want to sell this fast but i'm having trouble with the above mentioned definitions.

Here is what I know for sure:

it is a 1986 Supra (i don't know what people mean when they say it is a 1986.5)

It has the removable top (in near perfect condition)

it has the TEMS and some other suspension upgrade

the motor sounds exceptionally good and runs great (I just drove it around the neighborhood a bit.

the transmission is nice and tight (automatic, shifts into drive without any hesitation and shifts through the gears quickly))

the power steering pump went out (leak), have a brand new one in the box but never installed it.

windshield is broken and a few other things as well.

in searching the web, i found, i think i found that the car might be worth a few bucks (like maybe 1k-2K or so and a bunch more if it was all fixed up real nice) if, and that is a big IF, i found the right person.

so here are my questions:

what model car is it?

How is it best described?

I live in southern california, just north of the valley and just south of santa barbara . : how do i reach the right audience for selling such a unique car? (preferable for free since I'm 60 years old and flat broke, that is what motivated me to sell)

basically i just want to know what it is and the best way to find that special person that wants the car.

To maximise the money i can get: should i just part the thing out. that would be a real shame because this car has the potential to be a real winner if someone could invest a little time and money into it.

i very much appreciate any help you guys and gals could give me and i will thank you beforehand...thank you...david

• 9 months later...

I realise this is an INCREDIBLY long shot as this was posted Years ago.........but..........

Is there any chance you have this Targa top still available?

or know where i can get one?

Mine flew off on the freeway the other day and I'm gutted!

Thanks in advance.

Ben