keyless entry

Dodger1

I have a 2006 Highlander. It has keyless entry, but not the full RS3200 with security and transponder keys. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reprogram this keyless enty to lock/unlock the doors when the car goes in/out of gear? My wife had this in her other car and misses it. I know the systemis tiedto the ignition, because the keyless quits working when the enine is running. Seems like a no-brainer to add the other feature, but 3 dealers have given me three different answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think it's something that can be reprogrammed with the car itself, not the keyless remote. A lot of the Toyotas can change settings like that...you can change it so that the doors lock/unlock when started, or when shifted into gear, etc.

I think it's something that can be reprogrammed with the car itself, not the keyless remote. A lot of the Toyotas can change settings like that...you can change it so that the doors lock/unlock when started, or when shifted into gear, etc.

I suspect that is true. The problem is, the dealers don't seem to know how to do it. I've contacted three and gotten three different answers. I was hoping someone on the forum would have experienced this and could relate how they accomplished it.

• 2 years later...