Poor Dealer Response

PAYMONL

I was a life long Honda person until they disappointed me with lower product quality and poor customer service. So I bought my first Toyota ever a 2007 Avalon on Septermber 15, 2006. Eventhough the car is fine so far, the delaer's service nd ovreall customer relations is terrible. They forgot to give me a second remote key until I asked fo it myself thinking that we should get two units. I have not received the seconf one yet and the dealers response is that there is a long wait time on parts for new models. the local CRM is nowhere to be found and the Corporate Toyota said that there is nothing they can do. Any idea what else can be done to get this part?

Hi and Welcome

Sorry to hear about your bad customer service.

It is a good idea to get some official names from Toyota and research there addresses. Then next time it is poor let them know you will write into Toyota complaining of their poor service mention the top names.

I have used this trick a few times and works a treat

good luck

Hi and Welcome

Sorry to hear about your bad customer service.

It is a good idea to get some official names from Toyota and research there addresses. Then next time it is poor let them know you will write into Toyota complaining of their poor service mention the top names.

I have used this trick a few times and works a treat

good luck

Call 800-331-4331 and open a case with Toyota about the key.

Alternatively, send mail to:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

19001 South Western Ave.

Dept. WC11

Torrance, CA 90501

I'd recommend the first option. Specifically say you want to open a case. It shouldn't take that long to order a key.

I already have two case numbers open. One with the CA office which then was transferred to the local dealership and given a second number. The local customer relations people said that they can not force any action. All they do is to make the dealership's management aware of the issue. I stopped commnnicating after this comment since I got the impression that the customer relations office is just an answering service. In my view, the bottom line is that Toyota cars are selling very well and few unhappy customers will not impact the share price. Soon it will be four months of waiting.

Call 800-331-4331 and open a case with Toyota about the key.

Alternatively, send mail to:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

19001 South Western Ave.

Dept. WC11

Torrance, CA 90501

I'd recommend the first option. Specifically say you want to open a case. It shouldn't take that long to order a key.

Have you considered ordering a key from another dealer and billing them for it? Also, if the second dealer tells you the same thing (that it takes a long time to get parts for your 2007), then you'll know it's for real.

I did consider purchasing a key from another dealer but I didn't see how the original dealer would be obliged to reimburse me... unless they ok it first and agree to reimburse me. Also, I asked the original dealer for a part number they did not give me one. I asked them for an order number they said they would get back to me with that and never did.

• 5 weeks later...
I did consider purchasing a key from another dealer but I didn't see how the original dealer would be obliged to reimburse me... unless they ok it first and agree to reimburse me. Also, I asked the original dealer for a part number they did not give me one. I asked them for an order number they said they would get back to me with that and never did.

Here is an update to my quest. Even though I have not yet received my second key it has been a good opportunity to learn about how Toyota corporation handles customer complaints with local dealers. A file numebr is created and sent electronically to the local dealer. The dealer chooses to either resolve the issue or just ignore it. There is no feedback to the corporation. My file number was closed by the dealership and corporate people do not follow up unless the customer calls back again. The corporate people have no influence on the local dealers. It is all just a show to appease the customers. My last conversation with the corporate person ended with her telling me to go and sue the dealer to get the second key. Does anyone want to know the name of the dealer?

• 11 months later...

That's a shame; I've been very pleased with the Toyota Dealer I bought my Avalon from in San Antonio as well as my current dealer in PA; they have both been very helpful & interested in customer service. Don

Not sure if Toyota has changed there policies from 9/09 to 10/07 but when we we bought our 08 we recieved three keys with the vehicle.

Two with the remote features and one Valet ket. We also received a tag with the key ID number in case replacements are required.

To date I have not requird any dealer service but the sale person hascontacted me two or three times asking if we have any concerns requiring his help.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

All new toyota's will come with 2 master keys and one valet key also a metal key code tag from the factory plus if equipped there will be two remotes. If you do not recive these when you purchase a new toyota demand them right away speak to a sales manger or the owner or general manger of the dealership. I would not take delivery of the car until you get these you already paid for them. New keys and remotes can run in the hundreds of dollars.