Upgrading parts

miniotto

I recently bought a 2015  Prius C 1  and I have a few questions that I hope you all could help with. I've been searching for answers to my questions,

but I haven't been able to find anything useful so far. So I would greatly appreciate any help.

First, is there wiring already in place to just remove the vent covers to add driving lights or does that require a new wiring harness to be added?

Second, I have the basic four speaker arrangement to add the rear speakers, does it also have existing wiring or does that also require new wiring to be installed?

Third, I would like to have more power to the audio can i just add an amp  and a small bass speaker to the stock head unit?

Forth, is changing the folding one piece rear seat to the 60/40 folding seat back just a simple swap or is it more involved?

Also is there a factory cargo/security cover available? I was looking at the cargo area and I do not see any mounting points for one

Hi....welcome to the Club

The problem (generally) with fitting additional parts and accessories is that they may fit and the loom may also be in place but the components will need to be coded into the vehicle so that the CanBus system knows its there to then be able to activate it.

With a lot of your other questions it may be worth looking at the Prius section in our UK site. www.toyotaownersclub.com as there is plenty of information in there

• 1 year later...

Hello: i have a 2021 Prius XLE that has a nav button on the side of the screen. When I push it, I get the message that the nav software is missing and that I need to contact Toyota for followup.

Does anyone know how I could get nav software to install in my Prius?

Thank You

On 12/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Stan W. said:

Hello: i have a 2021 Prius XLE that has a nav button on the side of the screen. When I push it, I get the message that the nav software is missing and that I need to contact Toyota for followup.

Does anyone know how I could get nav software to install in my Prius?

Thank You

it has to be activated @ a cost to you $$$$$$$$$$$$