Toyota Avalon 2005+ suitable oil?

uaesolidsnake

I am planning to change the oil that i am using now for my toyota avalon 2005 from BP oil which is used for 5000 kilometer to Mobil1 super synth oil which is for 10000 kilometer so i want to know two things:

- Is Mobil1 super synth oil that is for 10000 kilometer is better than BP oil that is for 5000 kilometer with telling the reasons?

- Regarding Toyota Avalon 2005+ Engine Oil Filter, Can i use it with 10000 kilometer oil or its made only for 5000 kilometer oil?

I am planning to change the oil that i am using now for my toyota avalon 2005 from BP oil which is used for 5000 kilometer to Mobil1 super synth oil which is for 10000 kilometer so i want to know two things:

- Is Mobil1 super synth oil that is for 10000 kilometer is better than BP oil that is for 5000 kilometer with telling the reasons?

- Regarding Toyota Avalon 2005+ Engine Oil Filter, Can i use it with 10000 kilometer oil or its made only for 5000 kilometer oil?

I'm unsure about the answer to your first question so I won't give you one purely on my speculation. As for the filter, I would change it out after the first 5000Km. The oil filter can only hold so much contaminants and it will get full. After that the contaminants the aren't filtered out will just be circulated in your engine, not a good thing. Just change out the oil filter at 5000Km and you should be OK. I go 5000 miles between oil changes and I change my filter out at 2500 miles just to be on the safe side.

Personally, I never wait more than 3000 miles for a total oil/filter change. And I am still using the Mobil Drive Clean 7500. I get good mileage with it, so you might do better with the Mobil 1 super synthetic. But I am hesitant to use ANY oil for more than 3000 miles. I think Humanoid has a good idea with 2 filter changes, but I don't do it.

I also don't know about the BP oil. How long have they been making a synthetic? I used to use Nitrex sometimes.

Personally, I never wait more than 3000 miles for a total oil/filter change. And I am still using the Mobil Drive Clean 7500. I get good mileage with it, so you might do better with the Mobil 1 super synthetic. But I am hesitant to use ANY oil for more than 3000 miles. I think Humanoid has a good idea with 2 filter changes, but I don't do it.

I also don't know about the BP oil. How long have they been making a synthetic? I used to use Nitrex sometimes.

The 3000 mile oil change is the thing of the past, a waste of resources and just some oil company con job now. With oil technology these days, you can go well past 3000 miles. You can go 25K with Amsoil, but I would get an oil analysis first. I'm changing my oil out at the next 5K mile interval and will do an oil analysis then to find out how much longer I can extend the change interval.

BP owns Castrol so I think we would be referring to Castrol here in the States rather than BP.

Mind telling me who does oil anaylsis?

I'd like to see what a 500 mile result would look like with the Mobil Drive Clean 7500.

The 3000 mile oil change is the thing of the past, a waste of resources and just some oil company con job now. With oil technology these days, you can go well past 3000 miles. You can go 25K with Amsoil, but I would get an oil analysis first. I'm changing my oil out at the next 5K mile interval and will do an oil analysis then to find out how much longer I can extend the change interval.

BP owns Castrol so I think we would be referring to Castrol here in the States rather than BP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...