Engine light

nytoymomma

I have a 2003 sienna and my engine light is on. I ran the ob scanner and it came up bank 1 sensor 1 so I changed the sensor and the light came right back on, so I figuered it was a faulty sensor so I again replaced it.....and the light came right back on. :angry: has anyone experinced this and does anyone have any advise on what i should do, I will be needing and inpection SOON and I know it wont pass withthe light on.

PLEASE help.... :(

THanks

I have a 2003 sienna and my engine light is on. I ran the ob scanner and it came up bank 1 sensor 1 so I changed the sensor and the light came right back on, so I figuered it was a faulty sensor so I again replaced it.....and the light came right back on. :angry: has anyone experinced this and does anyone have any advise on what i should do, I will be needing and inpection SOON and I know it wont pass withthe light on.

PLEASE help.... :(

THanks

Did you reset the code with the scanner? If you don't know how, just look in the fuse box for the big black square-ish looking fuse and pull that and leave it off for about 15 minutes and put in back in the slot. That should clear the code. If not, you'll have to clear it by undoing the negative battery terminal for the same amount of time and that should clear the codes. Make sure you don't have other codes in the computer, have your computer re-read to make sure there aren't other codes stored.

Did you reset the code with the scanner? If you don't know how, just look in the fuse box for the big black square-ish looking fuse and pull that and leave it off for about 15 minutes and put in back in the slot. That should clear the code. If not, you'll have to clear it by undoing the negative battery terminal for the same amount of time and that should clear the codes. Make sure you don't have other codes in the computer, have your computer re-read to make sure there aren't other codes stored.

Yes I did reset it with the scanner, but the light came right back on. then i rescanned it and came up with the same thing Bank 1 sensor 1 so we changed it again and cleared it and it came right back on this is really driving me nutty. :blink:

• 2 years later...