headlight aim too low

lpetch

I have 2006 Avalon Limited. The factory aim of the headlights is not nearly far enough out in front to feel safe - and one shines out about 6 feet longer than the other. The dealer said that they are not adjustable. I don't believe that would be the case. Any idea where the aiming adjustment screws are, and could you help me fine the source to find out other things about the car. Thanks in advance.

Usually shops have a big orange thing on wheels that helps them align the headlights, it should be adjustable with that, I've readjusted my headlights and checked it all out, check around the local shops and they should have someone there who can do it, it doesn't take that long to do it.

I'm sure they're adjustable. Check behind the headlamps for something that looks like a long bolt; you may be able to adjust from that. Park on a flat surface facing a wall with your lights on, and it'll give you a good idea of how much you're adjusting them.