98 camry LE window comes off the track

banshee

i have a 98 camry LE and accidentally knocked the window out when i closed the door when i got out because i had the window down. oops. took the door apart and popped the window back in, but it happened again. even with the window not al the way down it was about half way. any ideas on how to fix/modify it to keep it from coming off track. i mean im not slamming the door. im closing it very very nicely. and dont say the obvious dont roll the windows down.

i have a 98 camry LE and accidentally knocked the window out when i closed the door when i got out because i had the window down. oops. took the door apart and popped the window back in, but it happened again. even with the window not al the way down it was about half way. any ideas on how to fix/modify it to keep it from coming off track. i mean im not slamming the door. im closing it very very nicely. and dont say the obvious dont roll the windows down.

First you have to figure out why the window is popping off the track. You might want to consider removing the door panels on both front doors and comparing the window components. What is different between the two that could account for the malfunction?

FWIW

YMMV

Once you get inside that door panel, look to see if there are any spacers/washers/bolts/other hardware down in the bottom of the door. Sounds like something that holds the track to the mounting points on the door has come loose---or off. Happened to my 1994 Corolla--the screw that held the track to the door came loose, this made the window misalign with the track, this made the window then come off of the track.

• 1 month later...

Once you get inside that door panel, look to see if there are any spacers/washers/bolts/other hardware down in the bottom of the door. Sounds like something that holds the track to the mounting points on the door has come loose---or off. Happened to my 1994 Corolla--the screw that held the track to the door came loose, this made the window misalign with the track, this made the window then come off of the track.

yea my dad looked at it (im 16) and just drilled a hole slightly over from where the origional is for the bottom of the track and rebolted it in the new one so as to make the window fit tighter when its down. seems to have done the trick though im not going to purposely slam my door with the window down again as he was mad enough having to put the window in the track for a second time... though when we took the door apart neither of us noticed anything loose or missing...