Ac/Heat issues

Mark R.

A/c and heat work, HOWEVER, passenger side will not blow hot air. Regardless of the settings it only blows cold, including defroster. Turn from min to max and anywhere in between, makes no difference. Passenger side blend door motors on this car are a pain to change, due to lack of space and the ingenious idea to put a 2-into-1 kinda setup makes it even harder and 2x the cost. I have checked the motors (operation, not sure on correct testing for electrical part of motors) and the passenger, bottom motor does NOTHING. Ok so I got another set (remember, its a cluster of 2) and checked its operation again (prior to disassembly and replacement) to make sure it operates, well, it does not.. Now, im thinking its the control unit (head unit, whatever its called) so, I got one, replaced it and still, nothing, made no difference. IDEAS please ?

Next, oh yea, theres more.............When you initially start the vehicle, you can not make any A/C adjustments. It is automatically in AUTO mode, and NO a/c, heat or anything works for about 45 seconds. LED shows a blank screen and no adjustments do anything at all. after that 45 second delay, the system will come on and you can adjust as normal from there (except for the above blend problem, that is). anyway, hope I've explained good enough and someone can give me an idea before putting it in the shop. THANKS