04 Sienna

jsw

My sienna has had 4 blowouts on the front tires (two on drivers and two on passenger sides) in the last 3 years. I follow all maintenance guidelines. The tires are new as I have had to replace them but we have had the blowouts when we have traveled long distances of over 600+ miles. Has anyone else experienced this? I did have bridgestone tires initially but were replaced with goodyear.

4 front tire blowouts? With the same type of tire? Were they Bridgestone or Goodyear?

My sienna has had 4 blowouts on the front tires (two on drivers and two on passenger sides) in the last 3 years. I follow all maintenance guidelines. The tires are new as I have had to replace them but we have had the blowouts when we have traveled long distances of over 600+ miles. Has anyone else experienced this? I did have bridgestone tires initially but were replaced with goodyear.

• 4 weeks later...

4 front tire blowouts? With the same type of tire? Were they Bridgestone or Goodyear?

Both as van was purchased with bridgestone, had one blowout so replaced tires with goodyear and had 3 more blowouts. Two on front drivers side and two on front passenger side. It was always just one at a time and after a long trip in interstate. Just traded it in because afraid to drive on long trips with two small children!

Well, it's someone else's problem now (possibly). Did you see the tires after each blowout? What did they look like?

I saw the tires but don't know what I saw other than a blown out tire. The last tire blowout was really bad as I just got on the MS River bridge in Memphis (if you have never been on it, it is two lanes, extremely narrow and TONS of traffic). I had to drive the entire span with this blownout tire as there are no breakdown lanes. It was pretty much shredded by the time I saw it. We just did not know if they were recommending the wrong size tire or something wrong with the front end that caused more pressure on certain areas of the tire. Anyway, I loved my toyota as this was my third one in 10 years. But had to move on because that was a terrifying event with my family and could not take any more chances.