Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Terrebonne

2020 Camry battery going dead

Has anyone had a problem with their 2020 Camry battery going dead? I had to have roadside assistance tow my car in because it wouldn't start. Toyota said my battery was dead, and that they are having a lot of the new Camry's having problems with something draining the battery in the software of the car, and that there is no fix for it right now...I was basically told, ''sorry, if it happens again, just call roadside assistance''. I am livid. I should not have to worry about being stuck on the side of the road in a brand new car....

Had the same thing happen last night with our new Camry. It’s a 2020 and have only had it for 10 days. It has 400 miles on it and we had to call Roadside Assistance too. We are taking it to the dealer today so I will see if they say the same thing. If that’s the case and they have no fix for it I’m so disappointed. I’ve always loved Toyota’s, what a bummer.

Went to start 2020 SXE Camry (2833 miles on car) this morning and battery was almost dead.  Checking it with my meter it read 5.2 volts.  Noticed the last few days when I went to back out of the garage the electric park brake was on.  This happened 2 days in a row.   Charging battery now. Will update in the next few days if there are more issues with battery going dead.

I have a 2020 Camry SE and my car's battery has gone dead twice! It was driving me nuts trying to figure out why!! Both times my car went dead has been on a Monday morning. I think I have figured out the problem. If I leave the car UNLOCKED all weekend and not drive it,  then on Monday morning when I get in it its dead. So something was draining the battery. Here is what I THINK it is...if I leave the car unlocked the display behind the steering wheel still shows the time and mileage but if I lock the car,  the display goes off. So...I think the display being left on when the car is unlocked is what was draining the battery dead over the weekend.

I lock my car every time I get out now and its has been two months since my battery has gone dead.