New Member Question

My wife and I are thinking of buying a 2018 or 2019 Highlander. I need opinions from experienced owners. The engine choices seem to be the 2.7 four banger and the 3.5 V6. I've read nothing but good things about the 2.7 except that in a Highlander it doesn't have enough power. The 3.5 seems to cure the lack of power issue but there are problems with oil leaks and the block specifically the #5 cylinder. Fuel pump impeller failure also seems to be a common issue.

All of our driving will be daily driving on two lanes and interstate. No intentional off road adventures.

I would like opinions on these issues and any I've missed from members of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2015 Highlander LE+ with the V6.  It has 53K miles.  While mine may be a little older than your looking for, I can tell you that I have had a great experience with the vehicle. While the 3rd row is cramped, it does come in handy for taking a group to dinner. I believe you would be pleased with the vehicle if you are looking for a mid-size SUV.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2017 and love it. Only issue I’m having is a vibration which they can’t seem to figure out but that is the rims. I have 50k on it. On average I get about 24 mpg on the v6