Possible to change Oil maintenance length?

Bears2th

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Follow the recommendation in the owner's manual.  As Admin points out, how your vehicle is used. Also Scotty Kilmer on youtube, he says 100,000 miles of highway is equivalent to 20,000 of stop 'n go in the city.

look in the manual, I doubt it is 3000 miles, that is from way back in the day to make Jiffy Lube money. Most vehicles are 5000+ unless you are using a low quality conventional oil

"Synthetic oil usually should be changed every 7,500 - 10,000 miles. Toyota recommends getting your 2018 Toyota Highlander oil & filter changed every 3,000-5,000 miles for conventional oil."

taken from

https://www.courtesytoyota.com/2018-toyota-highlander-oil-change.htm#:~:text=Synthetic oil usually should be,5%2C000 miles for conventional oil.

• 5 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, Bears2th said:

Have a 2018 Highlander, would like to change 3,000 mile (

synesthetic) oil change maintenance to 5,000 miles.  Anyone know if this is possible?  

image.png

image.png

I have the 2019 with V^ and manual states with the 0-20 Mobil 1 oil, 10K, however I don't feel good going that long, talked to my local mechanic he recommended 5K using 0-20 synthetic.