gas milage sucks these days!

mcareygilbert

I've a 2010 Tacoma extended cab. I love this darned truck almost as much as I love my wife but, recently, starting about a year ago the mileage has bottomed out.

I go almost 400+ miles to a tank of gas until they recalled the truck and put a new frame under it. (That's a whole other story!) About that time I noticed a drop in mileage and questioned the dealership about it. Their response was, "the onboard computer has to relearn how you drive because everything was erased when the frame was changed." I don't drive any differently than I used to. The mileage had dropped to just over 300 miles per tank full.

I have just turned 189,000 miles. The vehicle get regular oil changes and maintenance as called for you Toyota.

What's going on? Can anyone give me a reason or help me out with this problem?

• 1 year later...

Aug 2021

Gas filters, tire pressure (32 psi), fuel/air ratio sensor, spark plugs are things that might be part of the problem.

Spark plugs have gone to a new level with the iridium plugs.  The exposure gives a better flame than the platinum plugs.

My truck has only an air/fuel ratio sensor and was replaced at 140k mileage.  Now has 285k so with the check engine light having been on would suggest you look at this.

Late post, but info is everything.