Highlander = comfort?

SteveKoz

Been looking for a new car and not counting out anything.  We test drover just about EVERY SUV style car out there and found something about each that we didn't like AND couldn't be upgraded to make it right.  We liked most of what the highlander offered but didn't care for the second row bucket seats which is the only option in the trim we wanted.  Haven't spent much time in one since we would be looking at the 2020 model once it comes out.  Question I have is comfort.  Is this a comfortable car to drive on long distance trips? I guess that's going to be subjective based on many different factors.. Just curious what others have found.  Thanks! 

Just purchased 2019 Highlander, Limited AWD. Ride is comfortable. Better than I expected in a SUV. Only have 250 miles so far. Our seats are a bit on the firm side, but still breaking in so? From what I've read on 2020 its a complete update, a bit longer in wheelbase and projected to ride better?  Some say the 2019 series is better because of multi-year improvements and those same voices say the "redesign years" tend to have some problems that  are worked out in following years? Happy hunting.

Glad you are happy, But you are soon to be a little disappointed, If you had waited a month or two you could have got the 2020 Highlander which is far more comfortably equipped. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought 2019 Limited. I was really in a dilemma whether to wait for 2020 or go for 2019. But the deal that I got on 2019 played a big deciding factor as I was on a tight budget. I don't think I will repent, because I can't see any deals on new 2020 coming in the nearest future. So I am happy.

Now to answer the OP's question, yes the seats are comfortable. Before purchasing my vehicle, I drove 2019 Highlander XLE for a 2K mile trip, it's when I fell in love with HL. The total trip was so comfortable, we never felt fatigued or tired.

I drove lot of other SUV's extensively (mainly because of the nature of my job), so based on that experience I rate HL top in the line. you may find, QX60 seats more comfortable but it comes with a lackluster engine. The only other SUV (in this particular segment) that I would prefer over HL is CX-9, but I don't like turbos which was a deal-breaker. when I wanted a 3-row SUV, I decided to go with Toyota HL if it was for a purchase, or go with CX-9 if it was for a lease. So my decision was easy.