2020 Highlander Sightings?

JeffA

I’m anxious to see the 2020 Highlander configurator to show up - anyone have any updates? I thought they said December, and that’s almost here. But I haven’t heard a word about the vehicle since the auto show it was displayed at (except for someone with a preproduction one a few weeks ago.) 

I want this vehicle for 2 big reasons; 1) full speed range ACC, and Apple CarPlay (and a bigger center display. I hope and pray Toyota doesn’t make the same assumption/mistake so many other brands do, and that’s not allowing me to spec a 2nd row bench seat in the top trim level. Why does a manufacturers assume that I want captain’s chairs just because I want all the top trim goodies? I’m a family of 5, and I want 3 people in the 2nd row so we have enough room for luggage etc with 3rd row folded down.

PLEASE TOYOTA- don’t make me buy an Explorer!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm with you.  Was told you can only get the captains chairs in the second row if you want the top trim level.. So it's either select a lower trim level with less options like front camera sensors or get all the options I want BUT deal with the captains chairs..  Also, on the 2019's you are limited to a few colors when picking the top trim levels?  WHY???  Again, don't like the colors being offered on the top trim so need to settle again..  

• 4 months later...

On 12/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, SteveKoz said:

I'm with you.  Was told you can only get the captains chairs in the second row if you want the top trim level.. So it's either select a lower trim level with less options like front camera sensors or get all the options I want BUT deal with the captains chairs..  Also, on the 2019's you are limited to a few colors when picking the top trim levels?  WHY???  Again, don't like the colors being offered on the top trim so need to settle again..  

Nope, I just bought a Hybrid Limited 8 passengers (2nd row bench seats).  It's rare thought.  There is only one in my area and I had to drive to a dealer almost an hour away to get it.  Most people want bucket seats because it looks more luxury.  But I plan to fold down the 3rd row most of the time so it's nice to have an extra seat in the 2nd row.

I just had it for one day but I noticed one thing right away.  The wireless charger is a bit small for iPhone 8 Plus with a case.  Without the case, it charges fine but with the case, it can't touch the bottom surface.  They should make it a 1/4 in wider and larger.

So far, I'm able to find a trailer hitch.  The dealer say they don't have it.  It's still too early for 3rd parties.  I don't need one to toll but for bicycle rack.  I'll just have to wait for a few months.

Well, just spotted one in my garage, if that counts....

4th Gen AWD Limited w/Blizzard Pearl/Harvest Beige (2nd Row Captain's Chairs).  She has a whopping 57 miles on her so far.

My dealer installed a Kahu (tracking device) and refused to remove it, so I just pulled the fuse.  All fixed now.  They also pre-installed streaky window tint, roof rack cross bars that I'll never use a, worthless nitrogen in the tires and wheel locks to bump their profit margins. 😣  Other than that, I am happy!