Removing Door Handle Bezel on 1994 Camry

Randy Wildebrandt

I have a 1994 Camry XLE. After many years of faithful service the driver's side outside door handle broke. I bought a replacement. I have a Haynes repair manual for my car. According to the manual one of the first steps is to remove the inner door handle bezel. The manual includes a picture showing a small screw driver being used under the front of the bezel while the rear of the bezel is gripped by hand. The picture shows the handle itself being pulled away from the bezel. I tried using an upholstery clip tool to get behind the bezel. I can get behind it. But it certainly doesn't feel like it is going to come off easily. Before I break the inner bezel I thought I'd better check to see if there were any tricks to removing this part that my repair manual might have overlooked. Any thoughts would be appreciatted.

This is how to disconnect the top. There is another one exactly like this on the bottom. There is a connection in the back, just slide the bezel toward the rear, and it should come out of the third connection.

w34974157.jpg

w34974159.jpg

This is how to disconnect the top. There is another one exactly like this on the bottom. There is a connection in the back, just slide the bezel toward the rear, and it should come out of the third connection.

w34974157.jpg

w34974159.jpg

Thanks a lot for the pictures. I sure would have broken that bezel if I would have continued prying!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...