MR-2 SC Exhaust

Bahnbomb

I have a 1989 MR-2 SC.  I have a HKS muffler, but was thinking of replacing it with an Stainless Steel unit I saw on E-Bay ( speed daddy).  This new muffler has 4 outlets on the outsides of the rear.  If anyone has one let me know, :

A. Is it the same as the normally aspirated MR-2 exhaust pipe connection?

B. Is it much louder than stock or the Stainless unit

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen several on e-bay.  They all look alike with the 4 pipes, but I am not sure if it is a perfect fit for the SC.  I  am also concerned about loudness.

I want to replace my HKS exhaust with a Stainless unit.  My car is not driven in the winter, but the ones on Ebay look better, plus the no rust factor.

this is the first response I have had so I don't know if there are any other SC owners out there, or anybody has experience with replacement exhaust.

If there is an expert, guru, or just plain MR-2 SC nut out there, I would be happy to communicate.  I don't drive the car much as I am original owner and the car has about 43k on it.  It just seems as time goes on, the eighties cars become rarer and rarer.

• 3 weeks later...

The HKS unit I put on the car had a nice tone, not too loud.  I like the looks of these stainless Steel units, however, it is not just the noise for my concern but, fitment.  The SC does have some differences, and I am not 100% sure this replacement is a direct bolt on.  I have not talked to the vendors, but many times they do not have a working knowledge of the products.  (If the computer does not tell them).  Since the car is 30 years old, most vendors, just don't know the car, much less the product.