iPhone features not working with entune system?

Lyn Finn

I have a 2018 Highlander and an iPhoneX. So get this, when driving in my Highlander sometimes I like to use my "Waze" app, iPhone Maps or Google Maps app on my iPhone. Just for a different perspective or whatever. So as long as my iPhone is bluetooth connected to my Highlander system, the voices on any of these apps do not work. The Maps work fine but there is no sound or voices coming from my iPhone! Now I do not care that the sound is not transmitting to my Highlander system, but I do care that it is not working on my iPhone. So essentially I have to continuously look at the app since it does not speak to me. Now, when I disconnect the phone from the Highlander system the voices will be heard on the iPhone. Please, any suggestions? I cannot believe this happens with a over $48,000 vehicle. What am I missing?

And I won't even complain that I cannot get Apple Car Play. That is a whole other issue lol.

Hi Lyn...welcome to the Club

I would advise to pop into a Toyota dealership and ask them to show you the connection procedure (if there is one), admittedly there should be an immediate connection when plugging into the car but I think it may just be a setting that is not correct and needs changing.

Let us know what you find out

• 2 months later...

My iPhone XR connects to my 2016 Highlander but in a short time the entire infotainment system recycles and reboots making the system unusable.  A big disappointment with Toyota.  No help and only non fixing solutions and suggestions 

• 5 months later...

Lyn Finn, It is not the car.  In some cases, Apple chooses not to play well with others (you see, traditionally, Toyota and Apple don't really like each other).  It is not your $48,000 car. (Wait, you paid 48k for a 2018 Highlander?...yikes!)  Anyway, yes, your precious Apple knows this will happen and frankly doesn't care. 🙃