Free 07 prius

Matthew Boehnlein

Hello everyone,

I have the opportunity to be gifted an 07 Prius gen 2 with 144,191 miles. It is in need of a new exhaust, due to the catilitic converter issue, tires, and possibly brakes and rotors. It has it's original battery that reads a 7. Not really sure what that means. This is the information I have. I'd like to hear opinions on weather I should commit.  Thanks all.

• 7 months later...

Do you plan on keeping this car after you get it all dialed in or will you fix n sell?

If you are going to fix n dash then I say pass. Your repairs will cost about the value you will get from the next buyer if not more. I recommend you fix and enjoy your new daily driver. I got a shop to recondition my hybrid battery for $2K. You'll need to price out the CAT and labor. The other issues are just regular maintenance that I would do after buying any used car. I truly think the cost of repairs are worth the reward to drive one of Toyota's best.