I have a low brake. At 65 MPH or higher on freeway, braking is dangerous as car takes longer to stop. I have to press down on brake pedal all the way almost to the floorboard. Toyota Motors said it's normal but I don't think so. I have been driving since 16 different vehicles & this is the first time I have this problem. I only have about 10,000 miles on the car. It's like my brake are down to 20 or 30 % (time to change brake). :(

I have a low brake. At 65 MPH or higher on freeway, braking is dangerous as car takes longer to stop. I have to press down on brake pedal all the way almost to the floorboard. Toyota Motors said it's normal but I don't think so. I have been driving since 16 different vehicles & this is the first time I have this problem. I only have about 10,000 miles on the car. It's like my brake are down to 20 or 30 % (time to change brake). :(

The Camry does have a perutation for having spongy brakes...but not for failing brakes. How long has this been going on?

My wife drives this car, bought in May or June 2005. I drove it first time last July 4th weekend (2005) during our camping trip & immediately I knew something was wrong with the brakes. I almost has an accident because the car won't stop right away after I braked. It took a while to stop or slow down. I had to pressed the brake all the way almost to the floorboard before car stopped or slowed down. This is freeway driving going 65 or 70 MPH. For local streets, it's not a big deal because you are going 25 to 35 MPH only.

Since it is a 2005, I am not going to waste your time by troubleshooting the matter. Dealership time, my friend.

Since it is a 2005, I am not going to waste your time by troubleshooting the matter. Dealership time, my friend.

Toyota Motors sent their "technical expert" & with the dealer's top mechanic said there's nothing wrong. It's normal. But they tested it on local streets at 10-15 MPH, not on freeway. They wouldn't do anything else. As far as they are concerned, nothing is wrong. So I filed for arbitration, & is waiting for the appointment. I also filed with NHTSA. But they need more complaints before doing anything. If anyone has this problem, speak up. The more of us complaining, the better & faster something will be done.

It seems like the 2004 RX330 had a similar problem....maybe it's the same issue. It was a power brake problem in the RX. Does it seem like the pedal goes all the way to the floor?

It actually goes all the way down almost to the floor. It's about an inch from the floor. Normally, the pedal should travel only halfway or mabe down 2/3rds, not 3/4ths. For Freeway driving (60-70 MPH), it is very dangerous because it seems the brake is not engaging. For local streets, it's okay because the speed is only 20-30 MPH & stopping the car requires a shorter distance. I went on the internet & I encounter similar problems from Toyota owners starting from the 1997 model. Sienna & Tundra have it too. Now your RX330. I think this is a common problem with Toyota but Toyota won't admit it. Without admitting the problem exists, they don't have to fix it.

It actually goes all the way down almost to the floor. It's about an inch from the floor. Normally, the pedal should travel only halfway or mabe down 2/3rds, not 3/4ths. For Freeway driving (60-70 MPH), it is very dangerous because it seems the brake is not engaging. For local streets, it's okay because the speed is only 20-30 MPH & stopping the car requires a shorter distance. I went on the internet & I encounter similar problems from Toyota owners starting from the 1997 model. Sienna & Tundra have it too. Now your RX330. I think this is a common problem with Toyota but Toyota won't admit it. Without admitting the problem exists, they don't have to fix it.

You should get your power brakes checked....brake fluid, etc. On the RX, the brakes are functioning, but the power assist is not, so it feels as though they're failing. They're not...but it feels a little scary. Try pumping the brake once after you press it and it goes almost to the floor - it may help.

The brake fluid is full, brake pads are practically (90-95%) new. Car is 2005 model. Who would expect this major problem (major to me) because we are talking about the BRAKES which is a safety issue. I had planned to buy a Highlander for myself after my wife got her Camry. But too bad. In fact I don't think I will ever buy another Toyota. I hope my arbitration will work out in my favor. :angry: