2016 Highlander Sound System 😩

Lord Highlander

Just bought the Highlander Limited, im dissapointed with the sound system. I previously owned two Acura's and loved the sound system. The Highlander is just lacking. Does anyone know if the system or any part of it can be upgraded?

• 7 months later...

I too am disappointed with the sound system somewhat. I have the factory JBL system and think the overall sound quality is great but the main issue is the vibration and rattling of the plastic from the rear lift gate cover. It ruins the whole sound system. :furious:

• 2 years later...

I noticed the rattling sound coming from the back as well, and it drove me notes. I initially thought it was coming from inside the lift gate. Turns out the majority of the rattle was coming from the license plate, and the license plate border surround that’s placed overtop of the license plate, both of which are mounted to the vehicle with the same screws. Additionally, I noticed they were only mounted via the top two screws, and that there were no predrilled holes for the bottom two screws. I sat back there, with the music cranked up, and that license plate was rattling around like crazy.

After securing it with the two bottom screws, and using rubber washers with the screws (also placed rubber washers on top two screws), I eliminated the vast majority of the rattle.

Another option you can do, in addition to securing the license plate better, is adding Dynomat to your vehicles doors and lift gate. It makes a WORLD of a difference! Blocks out a ton of outside road noise, etc., but more importantly insulates the doors and lift gate, giving you much crisper sound. Cost is reasonable depending on how much of the vehicle you want Dynomatted, but worth every penny!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 5:42 PM, Joey Scheidler said:

Another option you can do, in addition to securing the license plate better, is adding Dynomat to your vehicles doors and lift gate. It makes a WORLD of a difference! Blocks out a ton of outside road noise, etc., but more importantly insulates the doors and lift gate, giving you much crisper sound. Cost is reasonable depending on how much of the vehicle you want Dynomatted, but worth every penny!

I am very interested in this noise  dampening product. I am curious tho, isn’t the Hylander rated well for a quiet ride currently? I am buying soon, and am considering the Buick Enclave or the Hylander. A quiet interior is a must for me.

Also worried if applying the Dynomat, will the fit and finish of the door panels be compromised?

thank you for any input..

• 6 months later...

KC, the fit and finish of the door panels will be mostly determined by how carefully and neatly you install the noise dampening material.  Want a quiet ride?  It's called a Lexus ☺️