93 Paseo/cynos 4efte Or 3sgte Swap

darkcynos

heres the thing im ****** of that everyone woops my butt out there when i race i got a 93 pase 5efe with headers, straight through exhaust, and a short ram intake. im thinkin of doing the 4efte engine swap actually i duuno if i can use my tranny with the 4efte engine or use the head of the 4efte and make my car turbo charged. 3sgte conversion i think is just a little expensive hehe but i dunno what do u guys suggest

The easiest is the full engine swap.

Turbocharging your existing engine would ultimately give more power but more expensive overall.

would it give me more horse power than the starlet ? but whatever im just tired of people beating me would a starlet engine be enough to beat an Acura Integra LS? cause thats beating me right now. if not what other alternatives would i have for an engine swap one time i was thinking 4AGE 20 valve but i was looking for something with a turbo.

if you're willing to have your car off the road and put in money to the engine conversion... go the 3s-gte. I hope to have my 3s-gte in about a month or two :)

The 4e-fte will fit the mounts and bolt in but 1.3L turbo wouldn't be as much fun as a 2L turbo ;)

Failing those two have you considered a 4a-gze? or the 4a-ge 20v? You have to get the engine mounts fabricated for them to fit but they haul. I wouldn't suggest turboing the 5e-fe and not reinforcing everything but then again it depends.. the starlet isn't throwing that much boost so it might be ok if you don't thrash it... once again though where's the fun in that? hehe

when you buy an engine it's better to get the whole front cut.. ecu, wiring harness, transmission, engine.. some places may even have a "boost kit" which includes upgraded brakes, axles, etc to handle the extra power

Basically... if you're going for easy, 4e-fte... if you're going for power, 3s-gte or 4a-gze... as it is people with the starlet gt or 4e in their paseo are either just in front, in line or behind depending on the driver when I race them in my 92 paseo with 2.25" exhaust, headers and pod filter with cold air, I've raised the compression in mine a little too.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

if you dont own a garage or a work shop i would go with the 4efte front cut and do it at home they have 130hp at 7psi buy a hks fcd and bump it up to 12 psi in a light body that will get you to the 15s in the quarter mile and give you good handling the 3sgte is to heavyfor your car and what tranny are you going to use the 4efte from starlet gt some times come with lsd and a lsd for a corrrola or a corrola 6 spd tranny fits with a little encouragement alot of race parts from trd jp or e bay <_<

Hi, and welcomt to the Toyota owners club site---FYI, we have a buy and sell section you might want to put your offering on.

Greetings. I've got a couple 4EFTE 5 speed front clips from JDM EP82 Starlet turbos. If you're interested, they're $1200. Let me know if you have any questions.

Email me at sales@gspeedcorp.com

Thanks!

Terence