2006 Camry driver's seat motor moans and groans when adjusting the seat position

My driver's seat motor makes a groaning rubbing sound as the seat goes forward and backward. It is my wife's car, so I don't drive it that often. But I do know that the noise goes away during the summer and returns during the winter.  The only difference is the time if year. I thought it had something to do with the weather, but I have discarded that idea.  The seat adjusts perfectly. So it does not appear to be an internal problem with the motor.  There are two drive shafts that rotate the two worm gears. The whole motor, drive shafts and worm gears appear to be vibrating a tiny bit as the seat moves.  At first (several years ago) I just thought might be a plastic molding or equivalent that expanded or contracted with the weather.  So I did not pay too much attention because in a few months the noise would go away.  Not so any more. I called the dealer for ideas and he had none.  No Toyota recall on record.   I called my local reliable shop and checked prices to replace the motor.  About $350 for the motor and another labor charge almost as much.  I am quite capable of doing the job. It is just that no one seems to have any experience with this problem.   Everything works fine except for the noise.   Any other club members have any experience with this and if so, what is the answer?

Thanks,

Dr. Dan