Installing a turbo

yoonekasylum

• 2 years later...

• 1 month later...
Hey I'm looking for a go web page/book for installing a turbo on a 2001 celica

i drive a civic that i already turboed {peace of cake} but i cant find any thing for celicas {not so easy}

so in short any help would be great

thanks

Nothing easier than boosting that motherf*****. Go to ebay, get a turbo exhaust manifold for your engine, get a decent turbo for your engine cc's (is it 1.8?. find a turbo that has a copressor efficiency map and do some calculations), bring it to a good muffler shop to fit a downpipe (you gotta find an outlet flange for your turbo). Then get a reliable wideband A/F ratio meter with a gauge, a boost gauge and a piggyback ECU and start tuning! A knock detector would be a good addition if you want to be 100% sure, that you are not going to fu** up your engine. If you are not going above 7 - 8 psi of boost, you'll probably be good with your engine internals. Air filter-turbo-intercooler-throttle plumbing shouldn't be very hard to fabricate from aluminum pipes and silicon couplings.

P.S. Always check your A/F ratio. If it's getting too lean even when you are adding maximum duty cycle for your injectors with a piggyback - get bigger injectors or increase your fuel pressure with an aftermarket FPR. If fuel pressure gets too low during hard acceleration - get a higher flow fuel pump. I suggest to get an inline one, cuz they are easier to install

• 4 years later...

look up a T24 turbo that is what is on the GST motors stock on a celica GST years 00-05 im at school so i can copy and paste the link....(they block everything) but the site is called.. but i do know the turbo that will 100% work is called a T24 turbo

"www.turbo-kits.com"

hope this helps!

~brandon