2011 Corolla S: Dome Light Fuse Keeps Blowing

Phosphorous

I've got a 2011 Corolla S, bought brand new and have made no changes or modifications whatsoever. I keep the car in pristine condition.

Recently the dome light and key fob stopped working. I easily traced this to a blown 10A fuse (DOME) in the engine compartment. However, when I replaced it the fuse it blows again immediately.

I am quite handy and good with a electrical stuff, but I do not have schematics. From what I can deduce on the web, this fuse goes to a BCM and the dome light, I'm not sure what else. Also what I have read is that there is a strong liklihood that the BCM is bad.

Would appreciate any thoughts or experience on this. Is there anything easy to check? Is there a good way to verify the BCM is the culprit before I spring for a new one?

Can anyone tell me where the BCM is located? Does anyone have a part number so I can price a new one?

I'm in Phoenix, in case that matters.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

They found a short in the wire in the headliner console. There was a wire behind or underneath the headliner plastic that was being shorted. We sold the car so I don't remember what it looks like but that's all it was. The dealer kind of blamed us although we never took anything apart up there and we bought the car new.