2002 fan motor speed and heat/ac temps lights out

I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to replace the lights behind the fan motor control and the temperature indicator knob on my '02 Camry. The dealer wants two hours labor to do this. Is it possible that the process can really entail disassembling most of the dash, as they've told me?

I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to replace the lights behind the fan motor control and the temperature indicator knob on my '02 Camry. The dealer wants two hours labor to do this. Is it possible that the process can really entail disassembling most of the dash, as they've told me?

I think it's true...or at least mostly true. I know it's a real pain...

NO. You should be able to pull it out with a butterknife bent at 30degrees or better yet a trim tool. I can email you the how-to page.

NO. You should be able to pull it out with a butterknife bent at 30degrees or better yet a trim tool. I can email you the how-to page.

Steve, you are the best. I seem to remember a tech taking apart most of the front interior of a car just for a few lights, but you always know the shortcuts! Either that, or he just wasn't a great tech....

• 1 month later...

Steve, you are the best. I seem to remember a tech taking apart most of the front interior of a car just for a few lights, but you always know the shortcuts! Either that, or he just wasn't a great tech....

I am having a problem with my cd player (cd stuck). Could you possibly send me a "how-to" disassemble the front dash to get at the cd player. Thank you ever so much.