tires

zheguo

Hi all, my mechanic just recently told me that three of my tires are worn out and need replacement. Can anyone suggest what brand & model of tires I should consider? I pretty much just drive on highways and city streets for daily commuting, and I live in Los Angeles so I don't have to deal with ice and snow (and rarely do I even have rain). Sometimes my boyfriend likes to take me on "adventures" on dirt roads in the desert, but nothing too dramatic or exciting.

Thanks for the tips.

Depends what you want to spend really. Generally you get what you pay for with tyres and I would avoid the really cheap end of the market for the sake of a few bucks.

Top brands are normally companies like pirelli and goodyear - you normally can't go wrong with those.

Mid range brands like khumo and hankook are normally pretty good for the money too!

• 5 months later...

I prefer Michelin. They cost a lot but I believe they are the best. I buy them at Costco which saves a few bucks. Whatever you buy, first, get all FOUR at one time. Second, get a WHEEL ALIGNMENT immediately before or after, to help preserve the new tires.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I did some research of my own after I needed to replace mine,  (2013 Camry LE) The Original Michelin X-green tires were really good, lasted 118,000 miles of pretty much straight shot highway driving. I wanted to buy them again but couldn't get myself to pay the $$$$ I think it was going to be about $500-$550 so I went with General tires, ($350) they had good reviews. glad I did because they have been great so far, even in the snow! So far I've put 27K miles on them and haven't really seen much wear off of them.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone found a brand of tire that actually does NOT add to the "road noise" of the Camry???  I was told that it was the tires, and that not alot could be done about it.   After all this time, I pretty much ignore it, but, I do have to  turn up the volume of the radio/stereo. When I have to buy anther set of tires, it WOULD be nice if I could find a model of tire that does NOT ADD to the NOISE.