GREETINGS FROM NIAGARA

Greeting from Niagara Falls, Ontario. I bought my first Echo back in 2005. Loved it, but made the foolish mistake of trading it a couple years later on a Matrix. Regretted it the moment I drove off the lot. Bought my next Yaris in 2009. Loved it!! Made the mistake of letting the salesmen talk me into trading it on a 2011 Sienna, which I also loved. I ordered a 2010 Yaris because supposedly the different in payment if I traded the 2009 (which was paid for in cash) on the Sienna, would have saved me about $100 per month on the Sienna/Yaris combination.

BIG MISTAKE ... when the 2010 Yaris came in it did not have factory installed cruise. It was suppose to but Toyota at the time had some safety concern issues as I recall with the cruise control in Japan so suspended putting them on cars for a short while. I refused to take delivery. Even after the dealer offered to install an after market unit for free and throw in other goodies. I wanted factory cruise.

What comes around goes around I suppose. I now have another 2005 Echo (used) that I bought to tow behind an RV that I traded the Sienna in for. It had 127,000 KM, is manual shift and gets GREAT mileage. After 2 1/2 years I have only put 10,000 KM on it and only have one minor issue. The CEL has come on and I will have to get that resolved. I did change the gas tank filer neck, which was rusted and corroded and a new gas cap and the light went out for awhile but came back on again. Haven't got around to researching the problem yet but it still runs fine ... for now. :)

OH ... did I forget to mention that I have also owned the 1996 Corolla, 2000 Sienna XLE which I LOVED!!! and in between the 2009 Yaris and the 2011 Sienna Limited there was a 2010 Rav4. I had a very persuasive salesman and was looking for the "perfect car" during that time. :)

If I can get a couple more years out of the 2005 Echo, I might look at another new one in 2016 ... if the still make the Yaris. I enjoy the car and would definitely have another.