Discovery on my Scion HU

Mongo

I was excited when I got the Head Unit from Peter Ball last fall, immediately installed it and was pleased with the better sound than that of the stock Echo unit.

But the volume was somewhat dissapointing in the long run UNTIL...

The other day I was fiddling with it, and I held the SSP button for 5 seconds (I bought this without the manual) and I noticed the words Scion TC (Or something to that effect) appeared on the screen. I figured that this head unit was originally with a TC somewhere.

Then I decided to do that again and noticed when I adjust the settings as if you were adjusting the base, that the choices for Xa and Xb also come up. Different sound with each.

Under the Tc the volume was not as high and the bass was somewhat over bearing. The Xb Was better, but a lot of reverberration from the Bass. Then I changed it to the Xa setting (Closest interior setup compared with the Echo)

What a crisp and clear difference for sure. The balance is smooth, the bass is clear and not over bearing, and the treble really makes a difference in clarifying any music or verbage.

Right now I have the Bass set for +3 and the treble set at +1 with the speakers and fader zeroed out.

It is really a great unit with the Stock Echo speakers...

I was excited when I got the Head Unit from Peter Ball last fall, immediately installed it and was pleased with the better sound than that of the stock Echo unit.

But the volume was somewhat dissapointing in the long run UNTIL...

The other day I was fiddling with it, and I held the SSP button for 5 seconds (I bought this without the manual) and I noticed the words Scion TC (Or something to that effect) appeared on the screen. I figured that this head unit was originally with a TC somewhere.

Then I decided to do that again and noticed when I adjust the settings as if you were adjusting the base, that the choices for Xa and Xb also come up. Different sound with each.

Under the Tc the volume was not as high and the bass was somewhat over bearing. The Xb Was better, but a lot of reverberration from the Bass. Then I changed it to the Xa setting (Closest interior setup compared with the Echo)

What a crisp and clear difference for sure. The balance is smooth, the bass is clear and not over bearing, and the treble really makes a difference in clarifying any music or verbage.

Right now I have the Bass set for +3 and the treble set at +1 with the speakers and fader zeroed out.

It is really a great unit with the Stock Echo speakers...

It's amazing the little things you find on these cars...very cool.

• 3 weeks later...