30,000 Mile Service ?'s InCab. Air Filter

dbl05

My local Toyota parts guy told me there is no cabin air filter for the 05 Tacoma. If you look behind the glove box there is a hinged door that looks like a place for one. I wonder if a cabin air filter from another model would fit. Has anyone tried this?

Fred

The filter is behind the glovebox. I can see it. One dealer said they can get it. The next dealer didn't think there was one till I told him to look it up..he said he can get it, the last dealer said they can't find it in their books. Probably the most unorganized communication I've seen yet. The filter is there I was just trying to save myself 32bucks.

Also I'm an Amsoil Dealer feel free to contact me bout anything trevlac8918@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I changed the cabin filter a couple of months ago in my 2001 Avalon. It was so dirty(no wonder, after 5 years) I can't see how it passed air. The instructions that came with the filter and others from other sources did not tell me how to correctly access the filter. It turned out, only the removal of two screws accessable with the glove box door open(I didn't need to remove the glovebox, it came down with the panel) was required and gained me access to the filter. The replacement filter was made by Bosch and was about $22.