Clock LED not lit up. Fuse which fuse?

Matrix-XR-05@wpg

I am an owner of a Toyota Matrix XR 2005. Need a little advice on how to determine which fuse needs replacing for my clock. My dome light is working, so I believe I have eliminated the #10. DOME 15 A as the culprit. I also noticed in the owners manual that there is a fuse for the clock in #18. TAIL 15 A and # 31. CIG 15 A . The lighter is operable so the latter should also be eliminated, unless of course a fuse can still be partially operable. This leaves No. 18 and it is a bitch to reach especially when your 54 years old and not quite as flexible as one was in their youth :lol: . Hopefully, someone knows how to easily take off the shell surrounding the area below the steering column without having to remove whole sections of the dash shell. :unsure:

PS. the clock is operating. I can see the time if partially cover the display and yes I have checked my dim switch [no I am not dim-witted ;).