2010 Toyota Corolla S w/133,500 Miles on Odometer

Davo53209

Hello Everyone:

First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dave and I am new to this forum.

Just yesterday, I had test driven a 2010 Corollaicon1.png S that in spite of its clean interior & nearly perfect paint & body, the odometer reads at 133,500 miles for a caricon1.pngthat's only three years old. Tempting as it may be to jump at the opportunity to buy a late model vehicle for $8995, I'm still dealing with a vehicle that has already burned through its 7yr./100,000 drivetrain warranty.

So to start, if say I did buy the car, would I be able to purchase an extended warranty from the Toyota dealershiplb_icon1.png that would cover major these repairs.

Secondaly, what potential issues could be lurking in either the engine or transmission?

Finally what should I have inspected thoroughly by my mechanic before signing on the bottom line (e.g. Compression test, leak down test etc.

Thank You.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about this

"So to start, if say I did buy the car, would I be able to purchase an extended warranty from the Toyota dealershiplb_icon1.pngthat would cover major these repairs."

But buying a car over 100k miles isn't unheard of anymore, if well taken care of, a quality car can last 250k miles before needing major repairs. Check for leaks, check the color of the oil, etc.

Here's a good checklist for when you drive the car

http://partsblog.olathetoyota.com/1844/vehicle-test-drive-checklist/