Tacoma won't start the 1st time

Tacoma1997

My Tacoma fails to start on the first, second, and sometimes third try first thing in the mornings (approx 25 degrees F). Once the truck finally starts, it is good all day long. Just first thing in the morning it won't start right away. Any ideas what's wrong with my truck?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking the temperature may have a big part in what's happening. Does this also happen when the weather is warmer? Maybe the fuel pump needs to be looked at.

It just started this fall/winter. No problems in the NC heat, just when it gets below freezing, and just the 1st time I try to start for the day. I had the guys @ AutoZone check the battery and they said it's still good. It's a 3 year old Diehard rated @ 550 CCA.

Thx for the reply.

Sounds like you live somewhere pretty cold. When's the last time you changed the fuel filter?

I'm in Raleigh, NC. It gets down into the 20's every now and then. I last had the fuel filter changed @ 159,000 miles. I have 198,000 now. Could the fuel filter be the problem?

Thx.

Well, there are other things it could be. But I only mentioned the fuel filter because you live in my climate/area.

Change your plugs lately? Or take them out and clean them?

I was waiting on 201,000 miles to get most of this stuff done, fuel filter, spark plugs, etc. Guess it can't hurt to sign up to get it done now, especially if you think that could be the problem. My gas mileage has dropped any and the engine doesn't seem to be missing a beat once it's started, so I never suspected something like the fuel filter and/or plugs. Actually, I can clean the plugs today and see if that makes a difference. Well, I have to wait on it to get cold again :( .

It has started fine the last two days, but the morning lows have been high 30's/low 40's.

Thanks for the replies!