Shaking 1ZZFE

Michael Bal

Hi, I have an automatic 2001 celica gt with 190k oem miles, When the car warms up the engine starts to shake when in drive or reverse and not moving, like in traffic, at a stop light, ect. The shaking engine is causing the whole car to vibrate inside and the hood starts to shake bad. with 190k on the clock, vibration is expected but the way the engine shakes and how the hood shakes seems to be a bit much, do I need new motor mounts? Please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

i had the sane problem with my 1993 celica, i did a few thing and it still shaking but not so bad

first i change the transmission mount(the shaking only happened when i put on gear)

then i found a vacuum leak(the vacuum switch valve)

o2 sensor

clean the injectors

but the big problem was the vacuum leak, that help a lot even for the mpg

like i say it still shake a little and i suspect that could be that need valve adjustment

now yours is newer model so you can go to a part store and connect to the scanner or buy one of those software's for obd2 and connect you car to you computer and see whats missing and even tell you is you car will pass emission or not. i hope this helps,or if you find a other problem maybe you can share with me. who knows maybe we have the same problem after all. good luck.