Check engine light

Pushmatic

Hi all,

I recently purchaced an K&N typhoon (EU), 69-8752TR, for my sons 2005 GTS. After a couple of days the check engine light comes on. Resetting the code does no good. There were several vacuum lines disconnected during the install and no instructions on what to do with them.

I have contacted K&N, and they have told me that the typhoon is meant for european models only. And that they do not currently have an intake for the vehicle. However when you do a vehicle search, on their web site, for this vehicle, this part is one of many listed. I complained about the misinformation on the site, and was told that they were aware of the problem, sorry. The (EU) stands for Europe. Would have been nice to know when looking at K&N products.

I want to know if anyone else has installed a similar intake. And if they have had the same problem. Is there a work around?

thanks

Hi all,

I recently purchaced an K&N typhoon (EU), 69-8752TR, for my sons 2005 GTS. After a couple of days the check engine light comes on. Resetting the code does no good. There were several vacuum lines disconnected during the install and no instructions on what to do with them.

I have contacted K&N, and they have told me that the typhoon is meant for european models only. And that they do not currently have an intake for the vehicle. However when you do a vehicle search, on their web site, for this vehicle, this part is one of many listed. I complained about the misinformation on the site, and was told that they were aware of the problem, sorry. The (EU) stands for Europe. Would have been nice to know when looking at K&N products.

I want to know if anyone else has installed a similar intake. And if they have had the same problem. Is there a work around?

thanks

Pushmatic - check out my post on another thread about the K&N below...

http://us.toyotaownersclub.com//index.php?...&st=0#entry1907

• 3 weeks later...

is it possible for you to find out what code is being set? the most common problem on 2ZZ vehicles is the 'Blue and White' check valve is routed in the wrong direction

CEL.jpg

As I said in the original post. K&N gave no instructions what to do with the diconnected vacuum lines. I have since rerouted the vacuum lines, using the line routing sticker for reference. Several of the lines went to the factory air box. I just reconnected the lines, bypassing the air box connections. And you are right about the check valve. However, it wasn't connected backwards, it just wasn't connected. So far the light hasn't come back on. Thanks for the help. Oh, by the way, the code was p2441. If I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

:!: :!: I need some help i got a K&N typhoon for my dads toyota celica VVTLI and when it was all fitter then are many pipes left over and no pipes conect to the vacum control and i foudn a dif set of instruction thats say i need to conect a pipe to the intake from the EVAP witch i cant find in the car at all and the engine warn n light is on can u help ???????????? :!: :!: so i have just capped it off

• 9 months later...

:!: :!: I need some help i got a K&N typhoon for my dads toyota celica VVTLI and when it was all fitter then are many pipes left over and no pipes conect to the vacum control and i foudn a dif set of instruction thats say i need to conect a pipe to the intake from the EVAP witch i cant find in the car at all and the engine warn n light is on can u help ???????????? :!: :!: so i have just capped it off

hello, i have a k&n on my toyota matrix 'same engine' as yours. are you getting a CEL with code P2441? if so let me know and i will email you some pics when i take them. this has fixed my problem.