99 toyota corolla

tvdhananjayan

Hi Everyone,

Brought a 1999 toyota corolla recently at 99803 miles. Please let me know what are the things that I should examine, so that there are no surprises in near future. I am thinking of replacing timing belt and water pump. Is this necessary? Are there anything else that is of greater importance? Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Danny

Hopefully you have the service records from the previous owner. If not I would assume that NOTHING was done recently. Change oil and filter, transmission fluid, flush coolant, replace power steering fluid, flush brake lines, change air filter, change fuel filter, rotate tires if needed, check tire wear and get wheel alignment if needed, have brakes checked for wear, have front end suspension parts checked for any loose components. Find out if the timing belt and waer pump were replaced and if not they need it. Probably replace spark plugs. Remember to use distilled water with the coolant unless you buy 50:50 mix. Replace wiper blades if needed.Check inflation of tires, especially the spare. Check condition of radiator and heater hoses and replace if needed. At this age they might well need to be replaced. Do that when the coolant is replaced. Good luck. If the car was taken care of it will give you many years of good service. I have a 2000 Solara with 100K miles and it is in pristine condition. And has been super dependable and problem free.

Hopefully you have the service records from the previous owner. If not I would assume that NOTHING was done recently. Change oil and filter, transmission fluid, flush coolant, replace power steering fluid, flush brake lines, change air filter, change fuel filter, rotate tires if needed, check tire wear and get wheel alignment if needed, have brakes checked for wear, have front end suspension parts checked for any loose components. Find out if the timing belt and waer pump were replaced and if not they need it. Probably replace spark plugs. Remember to use distilled water with the coolant unless you buy 50:50 mix. Replace wiper blades if needed.Check inflation of tires, especially the spare. Check condition of radiator and heater hoses and replace if needed. At this age they might well need to be replaced. Do that when the coolant is replaced. Good luck. If the car was taken care of it will give you many years of good service. I have a 2000 Solara with 100K miles and it is in pristine condition. And has been super dependable and problem free.

Thank you very much for your replay. I am now making a check list and will post it this weekend. I would very grateful if you can look into it and give me your valuable comments.